– Work with other data team members to evolve the culture of using data for decision making internally at Locbit. Bring your creativity and ideas to evolve how Locbit does business.
– Perform rapid prototyping of experimental solutions and work with data engineers to develop robust, maintainable production systems in statistical languages such as R and Python.
– Develop analytical solutions using machine learning and statistical modeling on a big data platform, both applying existing algorithms and developing custom solutions.
– Guide the research and development of new product features and work closely with product teams to align analytical solutions with product roadmaps.
– Collect, process and cleanse data from a wide variety of sources.
– Transform and convert unstructured data set into structured data for analysis.
– Analyze large datasets and partner with business teams to interpret findings and identify actionable insights and opportunities.
– Keep up-to-date with the latest approaches and advances in data science and evaluate vendor tools and external data sets as needed.
Experience and Skills Needed
– M.S. or Ph.D degree in a relevant quantitative science is desirable.
– Strong understanding of applied statistics, data mining, and machine learning structures, theories, principles, and techniques.
– Experience and/or training in additional quantitative methods, such as optimization, forecasting, time series analysis, etc. is desirable.
– Experience solving analytical business problems with a variety of quantitative approaches.
– Knowledge of an analytical and machine learning platforms (R, Python, Matlab).
– Fluency with a data acquisition and quality tools (e.g. Python) and relational database platforms (ex. SQL Server, PostgreSQL).
– Strong capability to manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume data from a variety of sources.
– Ability to problem solve independently and prioritize work based on anticipated business value.
– Effective communication skills with technical team members as well as business partners.
– Able to distill complex ideas into straightforward language.
Nice To Have
– Experience with distributed computing environments (e.g. Hadoop)
– Competency with a data visualization platform (e.g. Tableau)
Salary based on experience. Education: College Degree Preferred. Required experience.
Send us your resume and cover letter at email@example.com