Will IoT impact our future?
IoT (The Internet of Things) is the network of physical objects or “things” embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and connectivity to enable objects to exchange data.What will happen is “anything that can be connected, will be connected.” What kind if benefits will IoT bring and why do you need so many connected devices talking to each other?
There are many examples for what this might look like or what the potential value might be so here are few interesting ones:
– If you are on your way to a meeting, your car could have access to your calendar and already know the best route to take.
– If the traffic is heavy your car might send a text to the other party notifying them that you will be late.
– Your office equipment could know when it was running low on supplies and automatically reorder more.
– Your alarm clock could wake you up at 6am and then notifies your coffee maker to start brewing coffee for you.
– Your wearable device you used in the workplace could tell you when and where you were most active and productive and shared that information with other devices that you used while working.
– On a broader scale the IoT can be applied to things like transportation networks “smart cities” which can help us reduce waste and improve efficiency for things such as energy use; this helping us understand and improve how we work and live.
The Internet of Things can help.